Jazz Bang is not an ordinary dance weekend. The workshops are unusual, the music is hot, the city is fabulous.
We love the history of jazz dance, but it's the fun that brings us to the dance floor. And the music. The music is everything. We combine them with some of the best teachers in the world, and the hottest music in Australia.
Friday 10 Oct.
- Challenge Workshop for experienced solo dancers
- Evening party with Andrew Dickeson's Swingtet.
- Late night party with DJs
Saturday 11 Oct.
- Daytime workshops with Lennart Westerlund and Marie N'Diaye
- Evening party with The Basement Big Band and the Jazz BANG Big Apple Contest!
- Late night party with The Corridors.
Sunday 12 Oct.
- Daytime Workshops with Lennart Westerlund and Marie N'Diaye,
- Evening film and dance party with Lennart and the Squeezebox Trio.
- Wednesday 8 October: Get in really early with a lindy hop class with Lennart Westerlund at the Petersham Bowls Club.
- Thursday 9 October: Come early for a special session of Sydney's weekly vintage jazz dance classes at Jazz Jam. Featuring guest teachers Lennart Westerlund and Marie N'Diaye!
- Friday 10 October: Explore Sydney with Daytime Cultural Activities.
- Monday 13 October: Stay a little longer for a special edition of our weekly Monday lindy hop classes with Marie N'Diaye and Lennart Westerlund.
Check the whole Program.
Learn more about Sydney, off-program activities, and Jazz BANG on Facebook.
Jazz Bang is brought to you by Sam Carroll and the team who brought you the Little Big Weekend.